Environmental Sustainability Policy
Gilligan Engineering Services recognize and are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that minimizes our impact on the environment. We believe that the protection of the environment and the safeguarding of natural resources are a strategic business issue and an integral part of our corporate social responsibility.
This policy sets out Gilligan Engineering Services Ltd objectives to maintain operational standards in all facets to our business, which protects and minimizes the effects on the environment.
It confirms our commitment to the proper management and monitoring of waste, materials, compliance with environmental legislation, reduction of pollution and relevant staff training.
During the scope of this policy, namely the ‘design, manufacture, hire, repair & calibration of equipment and packages for handling radio isotopes for industrial radiography and the sale of radioisotopes’ and to our work in general we will: –
- Provide environmental management policies and practice throughout the company.
- Control and manage energy consumption to conserve natural resources.
- Minimise the generation of waste and use of packaging material.
- Where practical avoid the use of environmentally damaging substances and materials and dispose of hazardous waste, e.g. monitors, lead acid batteries through the correct channels.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources and reissue materials returned from prior use.
- Encourage and facilitate transport by staff, minimising environmental impact and applying environmentally friendly attitude to the use/provision of company vehicles.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to our staff, customers and suppliers and encourage them to support it.
- Continuously monitor, audit and strive to improve environmental policies and practises. Periodically reviewing this policy considering our current and future activities and changes in legislation.
We will always conduct our business in a socially responsible and ethical way, with an integrated approach to our business activities so that we act as good corporate citizens and meet the expectations of our customers, staff, government and society in general.